Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

If the company of good friends was a picture...

I'd imagine that if the company of good friends looked like something, it might look a little like a chandelier on a purple swirly ceiling with colorful lanterns and a whimsical curtain.


[In the weirdest way, this is reminiscent of Marc Chagall's "La MariĆ©e" (The Bride). The way the lanterns don't really match the chandelier (why is a goat playing a violin?), the way everything stands out and blends together at the same time (the warm and cool colors), the wistfulness of the imagery (the young bride to be), the way your eyes can't stop moving (the curves in the image)...]

2 comments:

  1. The blog is beautiful I especially like all the comments that go with the pictures. May be I should stop talking and start listening when I am with you, as you clearly have some deep and beautiful thoughts. - Kshipra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the friends’ analogy. I will try to find my “list” of friends in an image or colour composition or lines around me. It would be interesting to see what others see.

    As for the ceiling, it seems that, after all, there is life beyond painting in white, and this image crumbles all the ceiling myths.

    ReplyDelete